Focusing on the mindset to provide better products and services to customers, to improve customer work efficiency and ensure the safe use of product, STHANS devotes to develop and update products continuously.
We are striving to provide you excellent technology, more innovative products and higher quality standards for the actuator mechanism, handwheel and other pneumatic accessories.
Our newly developed handwheel mechanism is widely used in various valves. It has also become 1 of the indispensable component for installation debugging and air supply failure under severe working conditions.
HangZhou St.CHINAMFG Pneumatic Valve Actuators Maker Co .,Ltd
Add:No.48,Xihong Road,Meicun Industrial Park,
Xinwu District,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China.214112
|Hardness:||Soft Tooth Surface|
|Installation:||Torque Arm Type|
How to Calculate Gear Ratio in a Gearbox
Gear ratio is a fundamental parameter in a gearbox that represents the ratio of the number of teeth between two gears. It determines how much the output gear rotates in relation to the input gear. The formula to calculate gear ratio is:
Gear Ratio (GR) = Number of Teeth on Output Gear / Number of Teeth on Input Gear
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to calculate gear ratio:
- Identify the input and output gears in the gearbox.
- Count the number of teeth on the output gear (the gear connected to the output shaft).
- Count the number of teeth on the input gear (the gear connected to the input shaft).
- Plug the values into the gear ratio formula: GR = Number of Teeth on Output Gear / Number of Teeth on Input Gear.
- Calculate the gear ratio by performing the division.
The gear ratio provides insight into how much the input gear needs to rotate to achieve a certain rotation of the output gear. It influences torque, speed, and direction of rotation in the gearbox.
editor by CX 2023-09-22